12/22/2015

adidas Consortium x Hypebeast Ultra Boost Uncaged

It's been a while that I got my hands on a pair of shoes with a certain hype. Not because I'm the type of person who doesn't like anything with a buzz, but simply because I usually try to cop what I like.
The adidas Consortium x Hypebeast Ultra Boost Uncaged released last Friday and sold out pretty quick. Let alone how crazy people went over the Ultra Boost as soon as Kanye wore a pair, the fact that it's a collab with Hypebeast, increased the people's desire to own the shoe. In addition to that, it is the first Ultra Boost that was released without the sidepieces or "cages" which made the shoe's look way cleaner and less performance-ish. The midsole is white and so is the outer sole - which is now by Continental and is supposed to have more durabilty.The white splitted heeltab is a nice feature which adds some contrast to the almost plain colorway.
So much about the looks - time for my personal opinion.
This is the first shoe with Boost-technology that I own and I believe that I enjoy it. It's super soft and comfortable. For me being used to Retros with lack of cushioning, the shoe almost feels to be too comfortable after some time. The upper is made of Primeknit which adjusts to the foot. What you have to understand though is, that it's a very elastic material that won't give the foot a lot of stability. I can't tell if the abdication of the cage might increases the instability, but it definitely takes away some of the mid foot support.
Is it a problem? I don't think so because I believe that the adidas x Hypebeast Ultra Boost Uncaged is more of a very stylish and also fashionable lifestyle sneaker with the comfort of a performance running shoe than a sneaker which was constructed to perform sports in it.
All in all I must say, that I understand the buzz.



1 comment:



  1. Christian Louboutin Sneaker is a good choice for you or as gift to your friends,in the exquisite design show the unique style.The design could make your feet breathe freely and more fashional. http://www.clsneakersmall.com
    Christian Louboutin Sneakers Pink Black Mixed Color Spike Lace Low
    Christian Louboutin Sneakers Red Sheepskin Red Spike Low

    ReplyDelete

There was an error in this gadget